Thread: NB v2 Static issue

Default NB v2 Static issue

Last weekend my saber had a lot of use because I was at a weekend Star Wars camp. At one point I was using it as a flashlight and the speaker just started pumping out static along with the regular sound font. (No impact or anything.) I figured it was a low battery so I left it charging for about 6 hours, but the problem persists. Anyone else ever have this or know how to fix it? I'm wondering if I blew the speaker somehow.

Might want to check your wiring. Something may have come loose and/or shorted out.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Wires were fine. Blew the speaker it seems. Swapped it out for a lower power one for now...but I also noticed that my FoC doesn't work.

LED is fine. There's continuity from the NB to the PEx and from the PEx to the LED. I've tried bypassing through a second PEx with no success. Any ideas?

Have you bridged or joined the positives on the PEX (sorry if I'm stating the obvious).

No, I checked that. The PEX is actually one of my best soldering jobs since it was one of the last components I added. I did email Erv and he said the following:

"No idea. If the broken JST created a short circuit it could have damaged the board. Test the FoC pad with a 3 or 5mm LED and a resistor to see if it flashes. If it does, the board is ok."

So...how exactly would I do that? Would I connect the LED to the + feed off the battery and the negative to the FoC pad? Should it light up immediately or does it depend on the clash?

Oh, no, I completely bypassed that. (Yes, there is a resistor)