Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: First Saber Build: Need Guidance

Yes, although it was previously recommended on this forum for me to use this board, as several others have used it in conjunction with TCSS Parts.
    And could you elaborate on the difference in forward voltages? Is that a color thing?
    For the Cree Stars it says all colors should be ran at 1000mA (even using the Rebel Star LEDs it says Amber and any Reds should be ran at 700mA) but it doesn't mention voltage on either page.

EDIT: So I used the online calculator used in the video, and this is what I came up with:
    Red/Orange- Source Voltage: 3.4V, Diode Forward Voltage: 2.0V (The site says red and orange is 2V, correct if I'm wrong please), and Diode Forward Current: 1000mA for a "1.5 Watt capable or greater 1.5 ohm resistor"
    Amber- Source Voltage: 3.4V, Diode Forward Voltage: 2.1V (The site says yellow is 2.1V, again correct if I'm wrong please), and Diode Forward Current: 1000mA for a "1.5 Watt capable or greater 1.5 ohm resistor"
    So did I do something wrong, or are they similar enough that they won't actually need different resistors?
    Last edited by TRON1160; 01-27-2017 at 10:51 PM.
    That which does not kill us makes us stronger, faster, and far more deadly than before. Go and seek death my apprentice.

Assuming you are buying your LED here, the Custom tri-CREE page lists all the voltages. Your battery (source) voltage should be 3.7V.