Thread: Could someone review my wiring diagram please, I'm having some issues.

Default Could someone review my wiring diagram please, I'm having some issues.

Tonfa_Wiring_and_Routing.jpg

OK, I'm bad. I didn't start simple and make sure everything worked along the way. I did make sure my LED's worked, but I wired the CF 7.5 to the Extender without checking any of the basic functionality of the CF. I hooked up everything, pulled the kill plug and saw a nice orange glow on my AV switch. Also heard the start up sound. I cannot get any response from either switch.

It could be that I just need to change the settings in the card. It could be I've screwed up a joint somewhere. I don't think I let the smoke out of anything. Help me anyone, you're my only hope.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Ok, took some time to review the wires and decided to simulate the av switch with a jumper wire. Powered up, sounds, clashes, LEDs, all good.

So why doesn't the AV switch work. To be specific on the connection, I run a short jumper between the two ground terminals and then run that over to the ground connector near he switch connectors on the CF board.

YAY!!! almost working.

How is your AV switch wired up? Did you use the correct pins?

Quote Originally Posted by NanoRex View Post
    How is your AV switch wired up? Did you use the correct pins?
    Good call. I did have that wired wrong. I switched the LED + and switch + and the LED ring lights up much brighter.

Unfortunately, the only LED activity on the CREE is during start up, when the blue flashes a bit. They used to light up, don't know if work is the right word, but they definitely lit up.

I think I found the issue. I'm running the grounds from the Vandal Switch to the ground near the Switch connections. The manual shows that ground running to the main connector on the board. I'm not sure why that would be a problem.
    Last edited by Marquis; 04-02-2016 at 03:47 PM. Reason: Add'l info regarding switch and ground.

Some strange (to me) combination of button presses involving the aux switch had turned off the blade LEDs. Everything is working now. Thanks for your help.