Thread: Nano Biscotte v2: board doesn't boot up after deep sleep

Question Nano Biscotte v2: board doesn't boot up after deep sleep

Hello

I build my first saber and have a problem with the deep sleep of my nano biscotte v2.
    I wired a illuminated activation switch as show in the manuel (power indicator wiring, off during deep sleep, wired to the capacitor), the deep sleep timer in the config.txt is set to 5minutes.

The board enters the deep sleep mode after 5minutes, but the power indicator doesn't switch off.
    Pushing the activation switch seems to do something, there is some noise coming from the speaker (like a silent coil whine with regular cracking noises in between) which isn't normally there when the board is powered but the blade retracted, but i can't activate the blade.

I have to cut the power (killkey), an then power the board back on again.

Besides that, everything works fine.
    Anyone had a similar problem?

Greetings from Austria, Tom

Edit: i just found the "nano biscotte" sub forums, can someone please move this thread?
    Last edited by TheMCP; 03-21-2016 at 05:18 AM.

I guess your problem is the switch LED wired to that capacitor, I got the same problem in the past as well.
    I think it depends on the revision of your NB v.2 and there are a couple of solutions available:

The first is described by Erv in the last post of this thread at FX-Sabers.

Alternatively Erv indicated another point on the board where to solder the wire, but I can't say it's much easier to solder that this one.
    Just check this other thread at FX-Sabers.

Thanks a lot Don Se Wion, first solution worked for me!

Regards Tom