Thread: Heiland Flash + 3D printed details = Dark Lord of the Shelf (WIP)

Default Heiland Flash + 3D printed details = Dark Lord of the Shelf (WIP)

holdersBladeNBulb.jpgreflectorMount.jpg2partGrips.jpgholderDetail.jpgglamour.jpg

Pic 1: 3D printed blade holder
    Pic 2: 3D printed Vader emitter, with a hole for a D-ring
    Pic 3: 3D printed non-destructive grip assembly. Needs tweaking for scale

I've named it the Dark Lord of the Shelf, because with a PLA blade holder, it will never see a duel.
    Last edited by Mineral; 03-03-2016 at 01:50 PM. Reason: Deleted the lots of text.

Outstanding!

Thanks Girot!

I printed some new longer/beefier grips today. I'll post them if I get a chance tomorrow.

I still have lots of sanding to do

newgripsa.jpgnewgripsb.jpgnewgripsc.jpg

New beefier grips. You can also see the dual third-generation Saber Information Modules in the clamp there

I hate doing anything destructive to these handles. They will never be anything but lightsabers again, but it bugs me to just drill into them.
    So I designed a pommel that uses the Heiland's threads to stay on, and is nice and open to let sound out. Took several tries, but I finally got the threads perfect. Even with a battery bouncing around in there (which the eventual custom chassis will prevent) it stays on like a champ. Looks really cool with the bass speaker's chrome cone in there, too

I'll put up an actual pic later. This is a render from the Thingiverse page that has all these 3D files.