Thread: Will 28 guage wiring work?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Will 28 guage wiring work?

Hello All,

Almost ready to do the soldering for my saber build! I have around 26 guage (very thin) stranded copper wire. Will this work?

I saw some videos on youtube on the custom saber shop and he was talking about 28 gauge wire being ideal. Search custom saber shop on youtube. Just from a few videos you can gather a lot of information.

Yeah, just checked TCSS wiring and they sell 28 gauge, so it must work.

28 and 26 gauge wire will work. TCSS stocks 28g now. I would not suggest using anything smaller for battery or RC ports. The smaller gauge wire may not be able to take the load from a charge or discharge from the battery/charger.
    I've been using 28g for some time. Many of the builders who are far more experienced than myself have been using it for a very long time.

Yea, I'll probably match the wire gauge that is currently on the battery and use that for the (battery to re-charge port to card assembly). I'll use the 28 on the rest.

I've wired up entire sabers with nothing other than 26 gauge. Works fine.

I've also done it with thicker wire. It makes cram-fu more difficult.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Just checked with Tim at TCSS and he said the 28 gauge is fine. I happen to have that on hand, so I will probably just go with that for everything in the build.