Thread: Alternate Apprentice (MPP Starkiller)

Default Alternate Apprentice (MPP Starkiller)

Custom build I did for a buddy of mine. Converted an MR ESB Vader with a twist - custom blade holder, RGB LED, and custom activation clamp with separate switches for each light.

Idea for the build was, "What if Starkiller's saber was based on Vader's MPP instead of Anakin's Graflex?"

Also, I haven't forgotten about that painting tutorial. This is actually an old build I was only recently able to photograph - I'm preparing a hilt specifically for the weathered paint tut that should be ready soon.

Great work! I've always loved how the apprentice's lightsaber looks like their master's (although that does seem strange because they supposedly build their lightsabers before they are apprenticed to someone).

NanoRex, I thought it was a neat detail about Ahsoka's introduction in the Clone Wars movie - her hilt had a modified Graflex emitter, but the pommel was detailed after Obi-Wan's first/second hilt, so she could have believably been either Anakin's or Obi-Wan's apprentice until the assignment at the end.

Very cool concept and execution!
    What's it running?
    --------------------------Cadence--------------------------

Quote Originally Posted by Venom Jedi View Post
    Wow beautiful!!!
    Thanks a bunch!

Quote Originally Posted by Starwinder View Post
    Very cool concept and execution!
    What's it running?
    Just a standard MR Vader board with one of those cheap 3W RGB LEDs. Control Box switches handle the color-changing.

PS. Can't wait for the painting tutorial xD