Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Blue and Green 8mm Builds

Quote Originally Posted by TeeBeutel View Post
    i believe they are from superbrightleds dot com?
    What exactly are you archieving with another method of connecting them? do you get more density (more led`s/length) or a thinner connection for less shadowing?
    more flexibility with the blades, eveyones thinks you need to crimp them all tight and they go crazy reinforcing them. but its makes them more likely to break faster.. heres a video i just uploaded today of my blades flexibility i could crumple them into a ball and they would be fine haha.

the flexibility is nice, indeed! But is the string flexible in the other axis, too? (towards the camera/yourself)
    Making a string flexible in one direction shouln`t be too hard. I think of not crimping the legs so they have space to move and have a small cable running through the ladder connecting them (or no legs at all with a cable connecting them)

Since you say these can be duelled with, did you test it?
    Flexibility is one thing, but hard punches can crack solder points (if you even have solder points)

Looking forward to hear more about the evolution of string blades

Quote Originally Posted by TeeBeutel View Post
    the flexibility is nice, indeed! But is the string flexible in the other axis, too? (towards the camera/yourself)
    Making a string flexible in one direction shouln`t be too hard. I think of not crimping the legs so they have space to move and have a small cable running through the ladder connecting them (or no legs at all with a cable connecting them)

Since you say these can be duelled with, did you test it?
    Flexibility is one thing, but hard punches can crack solder points (if you even have solder points)

Looking forward to hear more about the evolution of string blades

Yeah! The next video upload is gonna be me beating the crap out of these blades to show the durability...I just have to wait for my PolyC to arrive before I can do that! But I've tested these with the same method before I ran out of PolyC just didn't think of making a video at the time... And yeah it can flex the other way it's just harder to get it to straighten back out into a nice uniform Blade and not be all wavy lol

Quote Originally Posted by Inf4mous View Post
    more flexibility with the blades, eveyones thinks you need to crimp them all tight and they go crazy reinforcing them. but its makes them more likely to break faster.. heres a video i just uploaded today of my blades flexibility i could crumple them into a ball and they would be fine haha.
    I tried making hinge joints, but I found that I got intermittent contact. How did you resolve that?