Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Blue and Green 8mm Builds

Default Blue and Green 8mm Builds

Hey everyone, just finished these two 8mm builds and they are crazy bright! Ive been experimenting a bit with the construction of these strings and think i found the most efficient/durable way of making them...I just hooked em up to a 3.7v Li-ion to test them and take pics before i ship them out. Lemme know what you think.

Brighter than the sun! They look great dude.

Blog Entries

Like a giant lay-zer beam.
    末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末 末末末末

Quote Originally Posted by Greenie View Post
    Brighter than the sun! They look great dude.
    Thanks man!!

Like a giant lay-zer beam.
    Hahaha any time I read lazor beams I think of Austin powers, "freakin sharks with freakin lazor beams attached to their freakin heads" lol!

These are 36" and a total of 60 LED's ... I was suprised at the size of the 8mm they're huge lol

What's your process like?

I assume they're 100mA?
    Last edited by CET; 03-23-2016 at 07:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CET View Post
    What's your process like?

I assume they're 100mA?
    they're 20mA just like the 5mm but their lumen rating is alot higher.

i actually have a shop setup where i sell these, along with the modules..so i dont wanna reveal everything but.. i dont use the normal method most people use with the bending the legs over and crimping thing...i use 3m clear heatshrink that has adhesive on the inside around the led string, then if i dont have one piece closed cell foam ill wrap foam myself and use 1" 3m clear heat shrink around that and then they go in a dual diffused blade. you really just gotta find a really good LED supplier, ive bought some really crappy LED's before the cheapest ones are usually the worst.. it really just takes some experimenting.

I've been pondering not don't the hinge bend and just soldering the legs straight atop each other with heat shrink. Is that basically what you're doing?

BTW, check PM

Quote Originally Posted by CET View Post
    I've been pondering not don't the hinge bend and just soldering the legs straight atop each other with heat shrink. Is that basically what you're doing?

BTW, check PM
    similar, but i built a jig that crimps them a different way...and i PM'd you!

i believe they are from superbrightleds dot com?
    What exactly are you archieving with another method of connecting them? do you get more density (more led`s/length) or a thinner connection for less shadowing?