Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Few PVC's and a MHS

Default Few PVC's and a MHS

Hey folk, been awhile since I posted anything of substance so I give you my last few builds.

"Rising Sun"
    Made from 1" grey PVC conduit, 1" white PVC couplings & flattened PVC pipe (cant remember the size)
    and a leather wrapped handle
    All held together with Super Glue, Barge Cement and 8-32 screws

"Bad Faux"
    PVC clone of Madcows BadAxx (please don't hate me Madcow, I will be buying a real one soon )
    Main body was slowly heated and bent by hand into the curve I wanted.
    The pommel was a PVC coupling I also heated and forced on the horn of an anvil to flare out.
    Dome of the pommel was a pieve of PVC that i once again heated and forced into a
    swage block (big metal block used in blacksmithing, google it for a better idea) and a
    rounding hammer (also used in blacksmithing)
    The "finger guard" and overlay are also PVC

Last edited by Matthew_D_G; 03-17-2016 at 08:24 PM. Reason: Added info

No name for this one yet (open to suggestions)
    The "bone" sections are all PVC couplings sanded to shape with a Ridgid Oscillating Edge/Belt Spindle Sander
    and lightly polished with progressive sand paper grits. Left some of the really deep scratches for dirt and other junk
    to collect in and make it look weathered. Added a little brown shoe polish to add a little luster and to make it look a little weathered.
    The little momentary switch is pressure fit into place and a little dab of thick super glue to make sure it stays.
    The button head screw at the bottom holds in a re-purposed blade plug (which in turn holds the battery pack in)

Last edited by Matthew_D_G; 03-17-2016 at 08:34 PM. Reason: Added info

"Skywalkers Disciple"
    My first and last commission (customer backed out after I finish the build, not having that happen again)

Blog Entries

Some nice builds here dude. That really stinks about the commission.
    末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末 末末末末

Nice builds. Next time get a non refundable deposit that will cover your parts expenses. You could always put it up on ebay too.

Very nice builds. I really like the katana inspired one.

I love all of these! Please tell me more about "flattened PVC".

JackSoft,
    I took a piece of 2" or 3" PVC pipe (can't remember what i used), made one cut lengthwise and slowly heated with a heat gun till it got all floppy like
    then slowly unrolled and started flatteneing it out.
    Once i got it mostly flat i heated it up as much as i could before it burned/discolored then took a heavy, flat plate of steel and pressed it down on top of the PVC until it fully cooled.
    Took forever but it made a rather nice plate of PVC to work with.

Im loving that unnamed, bone handle saber.