Thread: dese's first saber (with sound) for Gil Ba'il (OC)

Default dese's first saber (with sound) for Gil Ba'il (OC)

So, I want to share the current state of my build. I hope this is the right place and that it is ok to post lightsabers that are not fully assembled from TCSS parts since my outer hilt parts are completely from the flea market. So here is my current state:
    7-IMG_20160331_133014.jpg

Parts individually:
    7-IMG_20160331_133424.jpg
    The red thing is the makeshift PVC blade holder but I will probably replace it with the metal blade holder my boyfriend is working on. Do you think the PVC will melt if it has the heatsink + LED in it?

And I will be looking for something like this for the end part:
    7-IMG_20160331_133032.jpg

It still needs a lot of details and I want some black parts and thicken the middle part more but I already like it a lot. :'>

Nice. Looks great so far. Hardware builds are always a bit challenging. That's what makes them so much fun. The pvc sold be okay. Really depends on how hot the LED gets.

Thank you! I have to agree. Maybe it wasn't the best idea for a first saber but it is so much fun searching for the right parts and finding something that fits. :'D
    Then I'll try it with the PVC. If it gets too hot I can easily switch to the metal I guess.

If your LED/heatsink gets hot enough to melt PVC, it's hot enough to blow the LED. You'll be fine.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Oh nice. Where was that flanged piece bought? (The emitter). Would make a good shroud I think
    "Your move!" -Obi-wan kenobi-

Do you mean this part here?
    IMG_20160206_1550082.jpg
    It's from the flea marked, some old lightbulb mounting.
    If you mean the red one, it's from the hardware store.

oooohhh i really like that