Thread: Attaching red button to switch

Default Attaching red button to switch

So I'm having a little issue attaching the red button to the momentary switch of my graflex 2.0. The first thing I tried was an epoxy, which actually worked a little too well and sealed around the bottom of the switch so it could no longer be pressed. I have an extra switch to work with so no worries. Just wanted to see how some of you have attached the red button. Hot glue? some other kind of epoxy? I could try the epoxy again and make sure it's upside down so it won't set along the switches base. Thanks as always guys.

a tiny dab of E6000. Be sure to LET IT DRY FOR 4-6 HOURS before fiddling with it. Yes, that's a long time, but worth it. I built a saber back in 1999 that is held together entirely by E6000 and still is today after over a decade.

Quote Originally Posted by girot View Post
    a tiny dab of E6000. Be sure to LET IT DRY FOR 4-6 HOURS before fiddling with it. Yes, that's a long time, but worth it. I built a saber back in 1999 that is held together entirely by E6000 and still is today after over a decade.
    Thanks girot!!! Gonna try this.

good luck! a bit of good news: if you make a mistake just pull it apart and try again. it's silicon based so it'll let you do that. Oh, and it's electrically resistant. lots of folks use it as liquid insulation.

I use Gorilla Glue Gel for switch caps. A very tiny dot will hold amazingly and the gel doesn't get everywhere. Also dries very fast.