Thread: Wireless R.I.C.E.

Blog Entries

Default Wireless R.I.C.E.

IMG_0185.jpg

These are two Wixels that communicate with each other wirelessly. (You can get bluetooth or radio wave versions.) Theoretically, these gadgets could be used to send and receive messages between a computer and a PRIZM, CF, etc. I had hoped to develop this idea, but between work and parenting, there's little time. Maybe someone out there can develop this into something really cool.

Anyway, hook one Wixel up to the R.I.C.E. pads on the sound board in the saber. Hook the other Wixel up to your computer, via USB. Fire up the R.I.C.E. configuration program. Then tell the Wixels to talk to one another. (Two Wixels may not be necessary. Perhaps the computer could communicate directly with the saber-embedded Wixel?)

There would need to be some simple code to make them talk to one another, but nothing fancy. Somebody out there probably knows exactly how to do this.

One obvious problem is that the Wixel would take up more space in the hilt. It could, however, make it possible to do away with a R.I.C.E. port altogether. That would simplify hilt building. Then there's the question about whether or not the metal hilt would block the signal. I doubt it would, but it needs to be tested.

If that works out, it may then become possible to wirelessly connect speakers....
    Last edited by hapki; 03-13-2016 at 08:24 PM.

Erv's got it covered!
    http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=48079

Wirelessly connecting to speakers would be awesome though.

Blog Entries

Very cool. Thanks!

Erv is a Superhero. That is probably the coolest thing. Makes me want to build a saber with a RICE capable soundboard