Thread: Old style blade holder, new style led's

Default Old style blade holder, new style led's

Does anyone know how to get the tri-cree or tri-rebel led's to fit with the old style blade holders?
    The lenses are too short to work with the old style heatsinks and the standard led modules don't fit in the old blade holders.

I've sent one old style BH back to Tim to mill out for use with the new heat sink module... ask him for a custom work request. Worked out great.

I use the new tri-crees in my old blade holders and have gotten them to work by gluing the lens to the holes in the star, or in some cases, using bits from the thermal pad in the holes to secure the lens. The blades are still lit just fine, even though the lens is short of the base of the blade socket.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

I had this exact same problem lol

I've also used 2 of the old rebel star heat sink shims with thermal tape and glued the lens in place. It worked alright but I'm afraid it will come apart.
    I think I'll shoot Tim a PM about cutting own the heat sink modules. Thanks everyone.