I purchased a RB/B/W tri-cree recently to go in the graflex 2.0 run by a NB 3.0. The install went well but after a week now my blue cree is toast. RB is still hanging in there as is the white flash. I used the on board drive adjustment based on the royal blues 3.41 meaning that the regular blue 3.47 should be under driven slightly. I checked my math now for a third time after the burnout and all was good.

This is my first time using the tri-cree because I have more experience with tri-rebels and have never had a problem with them but everyone has been going cree so I tried something different for this build.

Notes. Leds RB/B wired in parallel, aluminum heat sink, TCSS tri-cree, drive adjust to rb.

In my own attempts to troubleshoot I am concerned that the led may not have been 100 percent flush with the heatsink. It is not a TCSS heatsink that uses pressure to hold the led in place and when I dissembled it, the led pad was slightly loose, but I am not sure if this was caused by assembly or disassemble. If the former is the case I suppose the pad could have had a space in between it and the heatsink and overheated but would it not have blown both leds?

What do you guys think, was it just my unlucky day? I'm probably gonna go back to Rebels, i just don't want to blow another led. Any suggestions or advice is greatly appreciated.