Thread: First Build: Chronomancer

Default First Build: Chronomancer

This is my first lightsaber build, the Chronomancer.

It's a lightsaber build with a time mage theme. The hilt isn't too fancy except for the the shroud which I had originally based on this trinket worn by a time mage in an animated series Im a fan of.

I used the activation box for the diamond in the center of the trinket and the design went through a couple iterations and I ended up with a design that wrapped around the whole circumference of the hilt for the structural integrity of the shroud.

Here are a few pictures of the build process:

And here is the finished saber (unfortunately white noise from my phone mic hides the subtle sound of spinning gears that is present in the idle hum of the saber).

Unfortunately my cram-fu was not up to par and I was about half an inch short so I couldn't get the pommel to thread all the way because I didn't expect the pommel to have a smaller ID than the hilt body. I'll be getting some extensions and chokes to finish out the pommel area.

I would like to thank all you guys here. I had a couple posts on this forum asking about hilt design and wiring etc. I definitely couldn't have done it without you guys.

I also want to give great thanks to Tim, who was great to work with for the custom milling.
    Last edited by Sparda666; 04-05-2016 at 05:27 PM.

Jedi Padawan
    Sith Adept
    Jedi Padawan

I love that shroud!

You have my undying respect for making a lightsaber based on Homura. She's definitely my favorite character in Madoka Magica.

Amazing work! I'm hoping to create my own first saber soon. Hopefully one day I can get up to your level of skill.

Nice work, love the shroud.

I saw something over the slots on the front of the emitter, looked like a purple button or something.

I also noticed the back has an empty button hole. Do you plan an using that? Most folks would put a Grafflex red button there, but personally placed a covertec knob there so that the saber would hang right side up in the holster. You know, Darth Vader style for a quick draw!

Quote Originally Posted by CET View Post
    I saw something over the slots on the front of the emitter, looked like a purple button or something.

I also noticed the back has an empty button hole. Do you plan an using that? Most folks would put a Grafflex red button there, but personally placed a covertec knob there so that the saber would hang right side up in the holster. You know, Darth Vader style for a quick draw!
    Yeah, Im using a purple thumbscrew for blade retention. The graflex style emitter has two screw holes meant for the lens and a faux red button but I dont think either seem right for the theme. I was thinking of somehow putting a rhinestone gem in one and scrape the mirror backing off and replace it with some kind of diffusing material to make it some kind of glowing gem when the blade is ignited, but havent figured out how to make it not look bad.