Thread: New NBv3 Problem

Default New NBv3 Problem

The newest saber I'm working on is a FOC running on a NBv3 card in it. I have triple checked the connection pads to ensure I haven't crossed wires or accidentally shorted anything, but when I attach the battery, all the speaker puts out is static and clicking. The momentary switch seems to not work at all and won't ignite the blade. I have tried charging the battery, new speakers, new NBv3 SD card, bypassing the sound card (the LEDs still light). I have had success with NBv3s before. Any ideas on what might have gone wrong?
    Chris Harrison
    CH Customs

If you use jst's, don't trust them. Try doing some tests like just hooking up the battery to the board and the speakers, this might help to find the area of problem. If you have a breadboard, it helps to try connections.

@Chrisharrison
    Did you ever solve this? I'm having the exact same issue.

If you haven't solved it yet, post pics (high quality close ups) of your wiring along with the wiring diagram you used.

This happened to me on a V2. But I'm pretty sure I just let too much solder glob up and bridge the two speakers connections. Never had a problem with the switch, though.
    Last edited by daaguilar; 03-10-2016 at 02:24 PM.