Hey guys,

I've been tinkering around with an idea for a new saber that I want to work on. And in doing so, I've been trying to figure out the power requirements for a CF 7.5 and what the best power solution it would need to give me optimal battery life balanced with an acceptable number of features. I've only built one saber thus far - one that uses a NBv2 with a 3400mAh 3.7 li-ion battery - and to say that I didn't know what I was doing when I started working on it is probably kind of an understatement. So this time around, I'm going to try to better understand the internals starting with how to calculate the current load and thus the battery life of the saber. I've done several searches on this forum but I can't seem to find the answers I'm looking for.

First question: How do I calculate the current load of the entire saber? I understand I'd probably have to add the current from each LED but does the manual specify somewhere any additional current that needs to be factored in?

Second question: If a 3400mAh battery pack lasts longer than a 1400mAh battery pack, will converting a CF to a single cell battery mean I maximize my potential battery life (assuming I use a 3400mAh battery pack)?

Third question: What are the disadvantages to converting a CF to a single cell battery? The manual specifies 30% reduced audio output but nothing else.

Thanks in advance for any answers!