Thread: Need help removing a stubborn 2005 MR Luke ROTJ emmiter from hilt

Unhappy Need help removing a stubborn 2005 MR Luke ROTJ emmiter from hilt

First post here, I want to convert my 2005 MR Luke ROTJ saber using the TCSS kit and guide posted here.
    But I've run into an issue with trying to removing the emmiter section from the hilt. Essentially, it won't budge. I used a vise to hold the hilt and a strap wrench to loosen the emitter but nary a movement.

Has anyone seen this and maybe tried some kind of oil or lubricant(graphite powder perhaps) in small amounts to loosen the lock on this stubborn beast?

I've done some initial digging on the forums here and elsewhere for any suggestions or if anyone else has had the same issue and possible resolution but I can't find anything.

Any advice is very welcome.

It may help to heat the emitter with a heat gun (a hair dryer may work in a pinch) to help loosen the thread locker they put on the threads at the factory.

Got a question? Start Here. Have you tried the Thread Index yet? Most questions can be answered there.

Many Thanks, Sir! That's a great idea. I'm gonna get my hands on a heat gun this weekend and a couple strap wrenches and give it a shot. I'll post my results.

Cheers!

goodnews.jpg

So the combo of heat gun on hi for a few minutes around the emitter, and a strap wrench made this a cinch! Came off cleanly and I was able to remove the +10yr old teflon tape that was locking that sum'bitch down.

Thanks, Jay-gon for the assist.

Cheers.