Thread: Crystal Chassis Mock up

Default Crystal Chassis Mock up

Put this together during lunch today. Been thinking about how I'm going to put this together and if everything will fit into my Graflex. Already know a couple things that I'm going to need to do. Need to cut down the hilt screws so I get that extra half inch of clearance. I also need to grind down the lip on the V5 speaker mount. V4 was out of stock so I decided to make it work. Might also need to cut down the top nipple of the brass coupling. I originally had the recharge port at the bottom, but there just isn't room for the port holder and discs so I'll find a way to mount it in here somewhere. Oh and the threaded rods need to be cut down. So far I'm pleased with this result and I think it'll look good for a first build crystal chassis. Patience is key.

[IMG][/IMG]

Looking good dude!

Quote Originally Posted by Greenie View Post
    Looking good dude!

Thanks Greenie!! Still have a ways to go. Pathing the wires and figuring out where I'm gonna put the recharge port is gonna be interesting. I think I'm gonna place the port going left to right across from the board. There's space there so I need to make the most of that.

Looks good! Maybe you could use the extra hole in the 2 to 3 hole adapter for wires?

Simple is good. I'd add another rod, just in case the crystal comes loose, it won't be able to fall out. Unless you're doing some kind of enclosure or the viewing window(s) is small, in which case never mind.

Thanks Nano and CET. Yeah I'm planning on using the holes for wires. Also have a sheet of aluminium to try and give it a backing to mirror the crystal and LED. Might be cool or might not, ill have to test it out.

lookin good!