Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Unreasonable Doubt Build Thread

Quote Originally Posted by TheSilverDark View Post
    Not sure to be honest. Its my robotics team's printer. I dont think so though. The reason for reprinting, other than dimensions, the entire piece actually shifted forward about a quarter of the way up.
    Typical DIY level printer. Good luck. Though the new $250k polyjet system I just installed for my design team has had most of the internals replaced already and it's not even 3 weeks old.

I know the two high school robotics teams I mentored last year also taped their build tray to make it easier to remove the parts...I would second guess that decision. The build needs to stick firmly to the build surface or it can shift...

Quote Originally Posted by FenixFire View Post
    I know the two high school robotics teams I mentored last year also taped their build tray to make it easier to remove the parts...I would second guess that decision. The build needs to stick firmly to the build surface or it can shift...
    Ah good thing to know. I'll advise em.
    "Peace is a lie. Perhaps the greatest of them all. Peace, or a lack of change equals Death. If the waters of a pool cease to move, and become stagnant, the waters poison themselves, and kill all who drink from it. Chaos, on the other hand, brings great change. Should the pool be over taken by a river, life springs anew.
    -Lord Malyce, Exile of Sith, First Warrior of Sands

Well I'm not entirely certain now if I'll be able to do the 3D printed chassis. I'm currently playing with the idea of a PVC chassis. My concern is good it'll look since I want the chassis to be presentable.

I may also decide to use MHS Chassis parts.
    "Peace is a lie. Perhaps the greatest of them all. Peace, or a lack of change equals Death. If the waters of a pool cease to move, and become stagnant, the waters poison themselves, and kill all who drink from it. Chaos, on the other hand, brings great change. Should the pool be over taken by a river, life springs anew.

Blog Entries

PVC is really cheap and easy to work with. I'm sure if you take your time you can do something really nice. On the other hand, mhs chassis parts make things even easier. Maybe a little less presentable, but if you get creative you may figure some things out.
    末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末 末末末末

What did you use to design your 3D printed chassis? I'm thinking of doing the same and am curious of your thoughts.

If the PVC route is taken, which size is typically used - 1" OD?

Quote Originally Posted by bunger View Post
    What did you use to design your 3D printed chassis? I'm thinking of doing the same and am curious of your thoughts.

If the PVC route is taken, which size is typically used - 1" OD?
    My current chassis has been CADed using Fusion 360. However, I am using a mixture of GOTH chassis parts and my own (un)printed parts.

For PVC I suggest Schedule 40 1" pipe. It's actual outside diameter is 1.315"

At the moment I am waiting to earn some more money, and for TCSS parts to come back in stock :P. This build log may take a while lol.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSilverDark View Post
    At the moment I am waiting to earn some more money, and for TCSS parts to come back in stock :P. This build log may take a while lol.
    Both struggles are real.

So just a quick update. I have decided against using G.O.T.H. parts and am printing the chassis on my own. In addition I found an awesome dude who will be doing an acid etching design for me once I get parts in and he perfects his solution. Since I don't really have a design in mind, he'll be taking over that part too and leave me to approve it. Now its back to waiting for me...