Wiring check, thanks all in advance!!!

Key:

Black = negative
    Red/Orange = Positive

Drawing1.jpg

MTFBWY
    Bluu

LED- and FoC- should not be connected.

LED- connects to the negative pads of the two LEDs you want to use for your main blade.

FoC- connects only to the negative pad of the LED you want to use for FoC.

EDIT: the way you have your LED star wired looks...odd...you don't have the positive and negative wires connected, do you? They cross over each other?
    Last edited by Generic Jedi; 02-16-2016 at 01:36 AM.

Got it... I will make sure the FoC and LED- are separated

To your second point, yes I have them wired in parallel (+ to + and - to -) and yes they do cross on the LED, let me know if this is not correct.

Thanks much sir,
    GT

I used a wire for each pad on my LED and connected them after the resistors, but I think your way will work.

It's recommended to use a resistor for each LED, though.

Default Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Generic Jedi View Post
    I used a wire for each pad on my LED and connected them after the resistors, but I think your way will work.

It's recommended to use a resistor for each LED, though.
    Thanks sir, I appreciate the response!!!

Gents!

Having a weird issue after putting everything together...sound works great, accent switch works great...but when igniting the blade the FoC color ignites right before the main blade ignites the main blade and FoC then work as expected until I shut the blade down and then the FoC color ignites again briefly...other than that it works flawlessly...any ideas? I have attached the final drawing of how I wired the board...I am sure it is something I did, this is an awesome hobby/art form!

Drawing1.jpg

Thanks all in advanced...

Bluu

It's recommend to use a resitor for each LED. Basically, you put a wire on each of the positive pads of your LED, put a resistor on each wire, then solder both wires into a single wire.

You could keep your LED wired as is, and use a single resistor for both main LEDs, but it's not recommended. Check out this page for an explanation why.

You don't need a resistor on both the positive and negative wires to the LED. I don't know if that's what's causing the problem, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Generic Jedi View Post
    It's recommend to use a resitor for each LED. Basically, you put a wire on each of the positive pads of your LED, put a resistor on each wire, then solder both wires into a single wire.

You could keep your LED wired as is, and use a single resistor for both main LEDs, but it's not recommended. Check out this page for an explanation why.

You don't need a resistor on both the positive and negative wires to the LED. I don't know if that's what's causing the problem, though.
    Thanks for the suggestion...

I have placed resistors in line with both LED's...no change any other suggestions!?

Thanks,
    Bluu

Pics of your wiring may help.

Does it play the clash sound when the FoC die lights briefly?