Thread: Switch and jst not working

Default Switch and jst not working

I have an av switch connected to my NB3 by a jst and it often doesn't work. If I put wires in the jst and manually put them where they need to be , the switch works, so I know the switch works. It's weird because sometimes the switch works with the jst and sometimes not. Any tips?

Blog Entries

Loose contacts?

Maybe try a different connector.
    末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末 末末末末

I've installed my own JST connectors- they're a pain. I found it very helpful to heatshrink the back of them once they were set in place/after testing a good connection.

If you can. Sometimes it's good to go without a jst. Saves room in the hilt. I use them as a last resort, or when I know own I'll have tons of room.

For anyone's future reference, I did various tests to find the site of the faulty connection and I think it was the female side. So I jammed a pin into the locking mechanism, ripped the wires with their metal pin clamp things still on; to inspect them, they looked fine so I put them back in. Everything now works fine. My guess is that the pins lined up too straight or something and didn't make contact with the male metal sockets, probably hitting the plastic. Tips for anyone else
    Take it out and put it back in
    OR shave the plastic around the male side's sockets out