Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Royal Blue vs. Blue

Default Royal Blue vs. Blue

I was looking around for pictures of the difference between a RB/B/W led and couldn't find any. I'm trying to decide if I would like the royal blue or the "silver" blade using B/W/W. If anyone had pics of the difference it would be much appreciated.

I too am curious what blue vs royal blue looks like.

Hard to tell the difference in a picture. The one in my signature below is 'ice blue' mixed rB and W, but looks proper blue.
    Last edited by Greenie; 05-04-2016 at 12:12 AM.

Proper blue? As in ANH Luke and Obi Wan?
    Being colorblind makes this saber business extra hard.

Sorry. When I said proper blue I just meant in that pic you can't tell it's mixed with white to make a lighter blue. It just looks blue.
    As for ANH, Luke's saber changes colour from scene to scene. On the Falcon, it looks white.

I think it would be nice if the store had some sort of example of what any given color should look like. For example, I haven't ordered an amber LED, because I don't know if it's going to be yellow, orange-yellow, orange ...

Quote Originally Posted by Greenie View Post
    Sorry. When I said proper blue I just meant in that pic you can't tell it's mixed with white to make a lighter blue. It just looks blue.
    As for ANH, Luke's saber changes colour from scene to scene. On the Falcon, it looks white.
    I remember one scene on the falcon where the blade looked mint green. But for the most part cyan or ice blue is accepted as the color of Lukes Blade... surprisingly, Royal Blue is the accepted coloe pf Anakins's blade and it's supposed to to be the same saber :/
    Darth Fender
    Sith Lord

You over estimate my FLOWERS!

On the note of Blue and Royal Blue, my regular blue I would argue borderlines on being more of a cyan color as it's considerably brighter and I'd argue it's mixing a greenish hue into it. royal Blue sometimes has a purple hue depending on the overexposure you'd experience recording a video or taking a camera still of it. my Graflex 2.0 TFA mixes them both with a white FoC, and the two blues to my eyes creates a very nice blue which I would say is comparable to the Luke ANH Force FX saber color, at least when using a Trans White show blade (in my case a 7/8" OD blade). if you like the blue that the original graflex had in ANH, Blue is what you want. if you're after something a bit darker than that but closer to a typical blue, use Royal Blue. mainly my opinion from experimenting with the colors but figured I'd toss my two cents in.

I think I get it. I'm going to do a B/RB/ with Green wired to FOC.
    That should give me Obi Wan ANH blue with a cyan flash right?

if the green is resistored enough I would figure it would give more of a cyan, though would have to experiment with resistors if it's possible. on my build my B/rB/W has the B/rB wired in parallel so they're mixed, and though not everyone recommends it, my White FoC isn't resistored in consideration of Rob's(Madcow) viewpoint of a FoC die not being used as constantly as the main LEDs(tight bursts as opposed to a steady on) and with White it's close to a 3.7v range for being run at 1000mah, though for the sake of safety if you're using a green LED you should have a resistor. the weaker the resistor (less resistance allowing more current to reach the LED) the brighter the green will be. if you know what you want the green to be resistored as to give that small burst of green to not overpower your blues, in theory it should pop like a cyan if the resistor is great enough. though as a novice to wiring I may be full of hot air, and I confess I'm ever the student myself.