Thread: Wiring Question: LedEngin & NB

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Wiring Question: LedEngin & NB

Hey everyone! I've been away from the saber building gig for years now, but I'm looking to fix that now!

After months of reading threads, I've decided to work with the Nano Biscotte V3 because it's small, easy to work with, and has adjustable parameters. Beyond that, I didn't need the extra features that the CF or the PC featured; I'm a simple dude.
    From previous saber builds, I have already acquired a LedEngin GGRB (aka LZ4-00MC00) and a premium speaker from TCSS. I want to be able to use these components in my build, mainly because I don't want the added expense of buying another LED module, especially when I have this one. The NB also arrived today, so I am committed to coming up with a good solution to make these components work.

I've attached a picture of my proposed circuit diagram with what components I want to use and how I plan to wire it all. To my understanding, all the main LEDs, including FoC, are wired in parallel and that the FoC won't be used until the board registers an impact. From the LedEngin's data sheet, both the blue and greens require the same amount of forward voltage, so resistance can remain the same throughout if driven to 1000 mA each. Although, on the FoC, I'm willing to wire the red instead or lower the forward current for FoC and one of the greens to add up to 1000 mA if need be. In such a case, I'll have to recalculate what resistors to use. Should a data sheet be needed, you can find it here: http://www.ledengin.com/files/produc...LZ4-00MC00.pdf

I also plan to make a crystal chamber or use one of TCSS's illuminated switches, so I've also accounted for an accent LED. No specific one yet, but the NB's manual should help me out in my decision.
    I tried making Li-Ion batteries work for this build, but there was no way to do it without using a voltage regulator that just trap a lot of heat. Instead, I've found another rechargeable solution with Tenergy's NiMH batteries. They sell a pack that delivers 4.8V and 2000 mAh, which fits perfectly with the NB's max ratings. Thanks to an old thread, I've found a charger that works with NiMH and the TCSS's 2.1 mm adapter wire: http://www.batteryjunction.com/unsmchfornib.html

So, here's the big question: is this good?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "It's best if a lightsaber reflects you, and if it is constructed out of things that identify it as your own" -Bao Dur