Thread: Options to secure chassis to hilt?

Default Options to secure chassis to hilt?

For a while Ive been sitting on a lot of parts that I wanted to use to build my saber that I hope to bring to an event in a month, but Im missing parts to secure the chassis to the hilt.

I have the v4 speaker mount (didnt understand the different mount versions at the time of purchase and the v5s with the lip that locks in the MHS threading is out of stock now)
    I have an 18650 battery and will be running a Prizm and have the acrylic chassis discs and the threaded rods to hold those to the chassis.

Currently the aluminum chassis discs are out of stock and Im worried they will not be back in time.

Do any of you sabersmiths have any tips on how you can secure this kind of chassis to the hilt in an easy DIY way? (I dont really have access to advanced machining tools to make custom parts).

The speaker mount v6 appears to have a lip to lock into the MHS threading, but would that mount fit a Prizm in there? It was designed for NB.

Any guidance is greatly appreciated.

Set screws.

I agree. A simple set screw (or two) can hold chassis parts in place without trouble. All you'll need is a drill, appropriate sized drill bit and tap, and your set screw(s).
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Where would I drill into? The acrylic chassis disks don't seem thick enough to be driled into. If I drill into the speaker mount, wouldn't that interfere with the threading of the pommel?

The set screw applies pressure to the chassis in order to keep it in place. No need to drill into the chassis itself, just a hole in the hilt.

Blog Entries

There's an area right above the threads that will accept a 6-32 set screw. You won't disturb the threads if you're careful.
    末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末 末末末末

Blog Entries

This area here

image.jpg
    末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末 末末末末

wow guys, thank you so much for all this guidance. If I have the hilt space, is there a downside to sliding the speaker and chassis further up and fasten the speaker above the threading to the pommel using the set screw?

Quote Originally Posted by Sparda666 View Post
    wow guys, thank you so much for all this guidance. If I have the hilt space, is there a downside to sliding the speaker and chassis further up and fasten the speaker above the threading to the pommel using the set screw?
    If you have the room, its a good thing. More of a resonance chamber for the speaker.

As clarified before, the set screw acts exactly like a retention screw for a blade. I'd move the chassis further up into the hilt for a wicked resonance chamber.
    "Peace is a lie. Perhaps the greatest of them all. Peace, or a lack of change equals Death. If the waters of a pool cease to move, and become stagnant, the waters poison themselves, and kill all who drink from it. Chaos, on the other hand, brings great change. Should the pool be over taken by a river, life springs anew.
    -Lord Malyce, Exile of Sith, First Warrior of Sands