Thread: Chassis/Battery question

Default Chassis/Battery question

So I have a quick question. I'm making a PVC chassis for my next saber and have pretty much everything sorted out in terms of how it'll go together, except the battery...I have no idea how I'm going to secure that...any suggestions?
    "Peace is a lie. Perhaps the greatest of them all. Peace, or a lack of change equals Death. If the waters of a pool cease to move, and become stagnant, the waters poison themselves, and kill all who drink from it. Chaos, on the other hand, brings great change. Should the pool be over taken by a river, life springs anew.
    -Lord Malyce, Exile of Sith, First Warrior of Sands

Could you use various smaller PVC tubes to step down to a size that a battery could fit in. I found that a coupler for 20mm PVC conduit is a good fit for 18xxx size batteries. A more simple solution might be to wrap a ring of foam around a battery for a snug fit, it may not be that secure though. Last idea, get some chassis discs from TCSS and adapt them to fit your build.

I'll try the conduit idea out. I actually found someone who was willing to 3D Chassis for me for free, so I'll probably do that first, but if it doesn't pan out, back to the plastic tubes!
    "Peace is a lie. Perhaps the greatest of them all. Peace, or a lack of change equals Death. If the waters of a pool cease to move, and become stagnant, the waters poison themselves, and kill all who drink from it. Chaos, on the other hand, brings great change. Should the pool be over taken by a river, life springs anew.

3D chassis for free? Take it.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenie View Post
    3D chassis for free? Take it.
    Definitely! +1

The pros of being in the Robotics Club