Thread: WIP: First build, "Stardust"

Default WIP: First build, "Stardust"

So after about two months of planning and patience, my first build is essentially finished as far as the main exterior components go. Here we have:
    • Blade Holder Style 20 w/ Graflex pins (long)
    • 2" Double female threaded connector (painted), w/ Gold AV Switch
    • Ribbed extension w/ O-rings
    • Choke style 2 w/ Translucent Brass powder coating
    • Two .75" Male / Female extension (one painted, one unpainted)
    • Pommel style 4 w/ non-anodized holy Cube Ring

From here on out I plan to get the Graflex bunny ears and mount them to their usual spot. I have the Graflex Glass Eye and Red Button coming from the Graflex Shop, however I have no idea when/if that'll ever arrive, though the shop owner assured me that despite a back order, they are coming. I'm also building a custom blade plug with electric shaver rotary blades (pictures to come). I want to get a bezel for my switch and also add a recharge port on the 2" Double Female module for whenever I get a lithium battery. Still have to weigh what kind of sound setup I want, but a friend created a complete new saber font for me in Reason that sounds absolutely incredible. In the end this saber will have an Amber coloured blade.

Thanks!

IMG_8844.jpgIMG_8845.jpgIMG_8846.jpg

Jedi Padawan
    Sith Adept
    Jedi Padawan

Nice!

nice looking saber.

Wow! I quite like the painted black areas - really, the whole color scheme you've used works together really well. Good luck putting the guts together!

that is an excellent fuzion of classic styles! love it!!

personally, and this is pure subjective opinion, but i would not go with bunny ears for this design. as it is this saber is aesthetically balanced and looks amazing. adding a protruding greebly like that will throw it's visual appeal off balance. Instead I would look for something much lower profile.