Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: First saber ever (MHS)

Default Shadow's Bane: First saber ever (MHS)

Hello, everyone. I've begun my journey into saberhood by building my own MHS hilt, rather than opting for a pre-made one. I finally have the parts for a complete hilt. I got an emitter and three extension pieces second hand from a seller on Facebook and recently just purchased a pommel, a choke, and the NBv3 board (while it was still in stock) from the TCSS store itself. The result made it a little longer than I was expecting, but it's rather growing on me and looks like a quite formidable light side weapon. I'm not finished yet. I'm throwing around the idea of getting a brass sink tube for a covering with some kind of carved design, grips, and some other things. This is the first time I've done anything like this and I'm excited to get started once extra funds show up again. I've been watching the MHS YouTube tutorials and will be following them closely as well as the vast vault of information this forum holds, to which I thank you all tremendously for. I remember getting into lightsabers 15 years ago and the scene wasn't near as interesting or professional as it is now. The most I could find were blueprints for yourself to give to a machinist to make. No shops. It's such a different world now. So much better!

Here's some photos both before and after I got the last two pieces.

20160122_161323.jpg20160219_163713.jpg20160219_163613.jpg

And just for fun, until I get far enough to put the electronics together and get a blade, I did a photoshop imagining what it would look like. Truth be told I haven't decided between green or a deep blue colour.

MHS ignite.jpg
    Last edited by MusicallyInspired; 10-06-2016 at 06:30 PM.

SHADOW'S BANE
    Still needs:
    -Powder coating/Enamel
    Would be nice:
    -Sleeve
    -Etching design
    -Case

Oh yeah! That's pretty sweet, and to be honest, if you hadn't said it, I thought that was a lit blade.

I'm in the exact same boat as you - first ever build and crazy excited!

You have more parts than I, but I have found that the waiting is actually helping as it gives me tons of time to think design and plan.

That saber you are building is gonna be sweet - it's gone some nice features that will let you tweak it out more over time.

Blog Entries

Cool. Go green hah
    末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末 末末末末

Thanks. I did spend quite a while thinking about its design, which the waiting helped with. I was stuck with the initial 4 parts (blade holder, grenade section, smooth extension, and the thicker short extension), but I had time to really think about other parts. I knew I definitely wanted a choke as it just wasn't long enough for a two-handed saber. I was initially going to get the bullet-style pommel, but it went out of stock just as I was ready to order. But that's ok. I managed to get the choke, the Nano Biscotte v3, and that nice and simple pommel that, together with the short thick extension part, has a really great elegant-yet-beefy pommel look.
    Last edited by MusicallyInspired; 02-20-2016 at 10:22 PM.

Looks good, and awesome photoshop skills.

I've made a new order today with a bunch of things to help me complete this project. Also sent away my 3" double female connector part for switch/recharge port hole service to Tim. It'll probably be over a month of waiting, but it'll be worth it!

neworder.jpg

Blog Entries

Nice selection of parts. That looks awesome. I like the pommel!

Thanks! The pommel section is actually in two parts. The small cone shaped part on the end and a thick extension piece. They go well together.