Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Momentary to latching question

Default Momentary to latching question

Would there be any problem using a momentary to latching EDIT: (CONVERTER )as a kill switch? In a NBv2 build.

And I'm not hopeful, but could it go between the battery and recharge port ? I'm thinking it would have to go between the recharge and board? If this is at all possible.
    Last edited by Star Bird; 02-20-2016 at 07:09 PM.
    I can light a small city with my board

Those are two different switches ( momentary and latching ), though there is a momentary to latching converter... but I don't think that's what you are talking about.

Why wouldn't you just use the traditional insert into the recharge port as the kill key?

Yeah, It just makes and breaks a circuit, so a latching switch should work.

Quote Originally Posted by bunger View Post
    Those are two different switches ( momentary and latching ), though there is a momentary to latching converter... but I don't think that's what you are talking about.

Why wouldn't you just use the traditional insert into the recharge port as the kill key?
    It's a park obi wan and I dont want to drill a hole for the recharge port. But I do have two places to but a micro switches.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenie View Post
    Yeah, It just makes and breaks a circuit, so a latching switch should work.
    Thank you I wanted to make sure it would safe for the recharging.

Quote Originally Posted by Star Bird View Post
    It's a park obi wan and I dont want to drill a hole for the recharge port. But I do have two places to but a micro switches.
    Make sure you use a switch that is rated for a high enough current, otherwise you may run into problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Star Bird View Post
    Thank you I wanted to make sure it would safe for the recharging.
    How do you intend to recharge? I assumed you were going with the removable battery option

Quote Originally Posted by NanoRex View Post
    Make sure you use a switch that is rated for a high enough current, otherwise you may run into problems.
    what would be a good max for that? I'm guessing it would depend on what battery is being used?
    Why did Isendra die? Tell me the truth!

That it is beyond your abilities does not mean it is beyond mine. I learned the lesson of Isendra's death. But I was given my power for a reason, and it is my burden to use it.
    I will use it, not fear it as you do, High Councilor Valthek

Quote Originally Posted by NanoRex View Post
    It is def. Rated high enough.

Edit: well I thought so it's this switch and a 3.7v 3200 mAh battery

http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/SP...itch-P261.aspx
    Last edited by Star Bird; 02-20-2016 at 05:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Greenie View Post
    How do you intend to recharge? I assumed you were going with the removable battery option
    I'm using a recharge port and I'm planing to put the momentary to latching inbetween the battery and recharge. But I'm thinking I may have to put it between the recharge and the board. What do you think?