Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Momentary to latching question

Quote Originally Posted by Star Bird View Post
    It is def. Rated high enough.

Edit: well I thought so it's this switch and a 3.7v 3200 mAh battery

http://www.thecustomsabershop.com/SP...itch-P261.aspx
    Ah. Based on other posts in this threads I thought you were going to use a latching switch and not a momentary to latching converter. In the case of a momentary to latching converter, the current rating on the switch doesn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by ColdVizjerei View Post
    what would be a good max for that? I'm guessing it would depend on what battery is being used?
    If one decides to use a latching switch instead of a kill key, the switch rating depends on how much current is flowing through the switch. Doesn't really have anything to do with the battery.
    Last edited by NanoRex; 02-20-2016 at 05:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NanoRex View Post
    If one decides to use a latching switch instead of a kill key, the switch rating depends on how much current is flowing through the switch. Doesn't really have anything to do with the battery.
    Gotcha, the part where I'm hazy on is how one finds out how much current is flowing through the switch?
    Why did Isendra die? Tell me the truth!

That it is beyond your abilities does not mean it is beyond mine. I learned the lesson of Isendra's death. But I was given my power for a reason, and it is my burden to use it.
    I will use it, not fear it as you do, High Councilor Valthek

Quote Originally Posted by bunger View Post
    Those are two different switches ( momentary and latching ), though there is a momentary to latching converter... but I don't think that's what you are talking about.

Why wouldn't you just use the traditional insert into the recharge port as the kill key?
    Just went back and re read this , I actually do mean momentary to latching converter used as a kill switch
    I can light a small city with my board

Quote Originally Posted by ColdVizjerei View Post
    Gotcha, the part where I'm hazy on is how one finds out how much current is flowing through the switch?
    You could hook everything up with the recharge port and use an ammeter, or do a rough estimate by adding up the estimated current usage of all of the components (some of which I have no clue how much current they use, for example the sound module itself).

Just went back and re read this , I actually do mean momentary to latching converter used as a kill switch
    To answer your original question, yes it would work, although I would not recommend putting it between the battery and the recharge port.

To answer your original question, yes it would work, although I would not recommend putting it between the battery and the recharge port.
    Ok I am concerned with recharging the batteries through the momentary to latching converter. Do you think it would be safer/better for the circuit putting it between the recharge port and the board ?

I think that would be safer and more convenient, seeing as you wouldn't have to toggle the switch if you wanted to charge the battery.

I think that would be safer and more convenient, seeing as you wouldn't have to toggle the switch if you wanted to charge the battery.
    Thanks appreciate the help!

I'm using a recharge port and I'm planing to put the momentary to latching inbetween the battery and recharge. But I'm thinking I may have to put it between the recharge and the board. What do you think?
    Yes. I would agree. Technically both would work, but with the first option would have to activate the switch to charge the battery. Between the recharge and the board would be the better way

Quote Originally Posted by Greenie View Post
    Yes. I would agree. Technically both would work, but with the first option would have to activate the switch to charge the battery. Between the recharge and the board would be the better way
    Thanks glad I checked with you guys!