Thread: MHS in millimeters

Default MHS in millimeters

Hi!

I plan to make my first saber, and in my country we don't use INCH, we are using mm/cm...
    I tried to convert inch sizes of parts to mm but it was not good idea, because to many not exact sizes, for example main body is 177,8mm. inner diameter for blade also not exact. In my place i have polyc tubes only 25mm/30mm and more. If i convert 1" to mm it will be 254mm.
    I hope you understand my problem.
    Now i would like to ask you: could somebody to write me sizes of parts in mm system(not autoconvert, I ask to measure it)
    Thank you. All sizes which i need you could see in my screenshot.
    Sizes.jpg

Thank you.

The metric convertor is pretty accurate. You may need to adapt

Board Lurker

0ne inch is 25.4 mm
    blades from custom saber messure in at 25.4 mm or 1 inch bare polycarb tube I have brought from italy and spain are slightly smaller at 25mm
    there is some times a small lip on the end you may need to sand file down on both

Be advised that the U.S. number system uses a "." where you would use a ","

In the U.S. we write 1 inch as 25.4 mm, and you would write it as 25,4 mm. I don't know why, we're just quirky that way.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Ok. Thank you.
    But can somebody measure some lenghts from my screenshot. More important for me is a lenght of blade holder (you can see it on my screenshot) and heatsink block (brown on picutre) and thicknes of main body.

Most of the dimensions you need are listed in the store pages. I can't seem to find the thread that details the general MHS part dimensions, so I'll tell you that most of the parts are 1.45" OD and 1.25" ID with .4" of threads. The blade holder is 2" long. I'm not sure what the length of the V3 copper heatsink is, but if it's too long you can use the V4 heatsink which does not stick out from the LED module at all.

Convert those to millimetres and there you go.

Any up-to-date info on the female and male thread depths?

As far as depths go, from what I'm seeing on the store site all the newer male parts are .4" worth of threads like NanoRex said. Judging by what I've read on other posts here I believe the female sections are .625" in depth, which makes sense if you add up the .4" from the male sections and the .23" from the aluminum chassis disks. Also the older parts are .5" for the male threads and .13" for the disks. I'm not sure about the pommel threads (could be the same), looks different on the builder, but I think that is using the old male lengths.