Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Everything Switches

Quote Originally Posted by ColdVizjerei View Post
    that control box method is sooo crash.
    If crash means 'cool/good'.... then thanks! lol

I even managed to stick in a bargraph pcb on top with a window cutout of the top piece/cover

Quote Originally Posted by xl97 View Post
    If crash means 'cool/good'.... then thanks! lol
    haha yeah, just watched some Young Justice so that's affected my terminology somewhat:

Quote Originally Posted by xl97 View Post
    I even managed to stick in a bargraph pcb on top with a window cutout of the top piece/cover
    That sounds really neat! Didn't think that one could cram so much into the control box.
    Why did Isendra die? Tell me the truth!

That it is beyond your abilities does not mean it is beyond mine. I learned the lesson of Isendra's death. But I was given my power for a reason, and it is my burden to use it.
    I will use it, not fear it as you do, High Councilor Valthek

I really like that PCB disk insert idea! You could get your Switches right up there!
    "The force alone is my ally, and it shall guide me to my destiny."

how are you guys getting the threaded aluminum section to stick to those momentary switches? I don't have any of my stuff in front of me yet for my build so I'm learning by pictures...but man, that opens up a whole lotta options...

Giving this a bump because it's AWESOME! Found this thread Googling around for AUX Switch Button ideas, and it has some good ones!

@xl97 ! Those Button PCB's are some CRAZY MAD JEDI BUSINESS right there!

Hey @Dezmodromic ! Hopefully you found an answer to your question, in the last almost 5 years, but if you haven't, here are three ways I've read about...

1. A drop of Cyanoacrylate glue.
    2. A drop of E6000 glue.
    3. Screw the threaded section directly onto the actuator post.

@darth_chasm mentions No.3 here...

https://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=50948.0

What I would do if using glue, is to use a very small drop, and to invert the button down onto the cap. That way if you put too large a drop in the cap, the glue won't run down your actuator post and glue your switch shut.

If you're using an open ended threaded section like what xl97 showed, I would try a little grease, wax, or clay on a threaded bolt and insert it half way into the threaded section. Stand that up so that the open end was facing upwards then proceed with a very small drop of glue and invert the button down onto the thread in the same way you would for a Brass Cap.

Once your glue has cured, simply unscrew the bolt and use a Q-Tip dampened with alcohol to clean up the threads.

Good Luck on your Switches/Buttons!