Thread: nanobiscottev3 wont power off

Default nanobiscottev3 wont power off

Hello all,
    I just wired a nano biscotte v3 and everything works fine except for powering off. The anti vandal switch powers up the saber but wont power it off. If I disconnect the Luxeon Rebel LED, the AV switch will power down the saber correctly every time. The AV switch and LED do not share a common wire. The negatives are common. Any ideas? I use the kill key to shut down.
    Thanks,
    Matt

Welcome to the Forums.

Did you use the switch to turn the LED on? It sounds like either you have a switch issue, or an issue with the wiring to your switch.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by Forgetful Jedi Knight View Post
    Welcome to the Forums.

Did you use the switch to turn the LED on? It sounds like either you have a switch issue, or an issue with the wiring to your switch.
    The switch powers up everything just fine...main LED, switch LED, and speaker all turn on. The problem is the momentary switch won't power the saber down. The switch checks out with a multimeter...continuity only when pressed. I tried the switch with its LED hooked up and unhooked. I even bypassed the switch by momentarily touching the Act wire to the negative terminal. Same results. Now, if I unplug the high power LED and leave the speaker alone, the saber powers up and down with the AV switch and bypass. So, doesn't seem like a switch issue since it works in certain configurations.
    Going to wire in a new switch anyway.
    The high output LED is wired to the positive battery wire and through a resister. The negative is wired to the L port of the board.
    I see the v3 has a anti shutdown feature for the switch. I can't see how the main LED would affect it.
    Thanks for your help.

Try deactivating the anti-shutdown feature.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

You may have bridged two pads on the NB. Pics would help with diagnosis

I checked for solder bridges but didn't see any. I do admit my soldering is anything but pretty. I'm going to have a look to card as you suggest. I'll also take some pictures of the hardware. Too embarrassed to show my spaghetti of wires this weekend.
    Thanks

Summer break is in full swing and my son finally had time to ordered a card reader and disable the shut down feature as suggested. Works fine now! Thanks Forgetful Jedi Knight.

Having the same issue and have completely disassembled and re-wired my saber multiple times trying to trace the problem. I see it suggested here it may be a simple setting in the config file causing the problem? I will check that out and give it a try. Going to be steamed if that ends up being the issue but hey, if my problem is solved I'll be happy.

Owner of the Custom Saber shop Strydur's Avatar

If it turns on but will not run off your switch wires might be too long. I have seen this when testing sound modules before.
    Tim
    The Custom Saber Shop

I cleaned up the solder points on the NBV3 and made the offs setting change to "0". Not sure which solved the issue but my saber turns on and off now! Many thanks to the forum denizens for the helpful troubleshooting tips!