Thread: LED comparisons

Default LED comparisons

How would a Tri-Cree XB-D compare with a single Cree XM-L RGBW in terms of brightness, color and power? I have googled but havn't found many detailed builds of the XM-L led.

I would like to use the XM-L RGBW but worried that it'll be significantly less brighter than a Tri-Cree, thanks

It will be significantly less bright. The best LEDs to use for sabers these days are Cree XP-E2s.

Quote Originally Posted by NanoRex View Post
    It will be significantly less bright. The best LEDs to use for sabers these days are Cree XP-E2s.
    Are there any Quad XP-E2 solutions out there? That would be awesome then. This guys seems to have done it:http://www.fx-sabers.com/forum/index.php?topic=47653.0

I'm using a quad XP-E2 for my current build. I think you might be able to find RGBW online somewhere, but if you need custom colours you can send an email to LEDSupply and have them solder emitters of your choice onto a QuadPod MCPCB.

The Cree mce star is a rgbw xpe2 setup under a single dome, but it uses a blue vs royal blue, so keep that in mind if you're looking for a deep purple.
    Last edited by Ty_Bomber; 02-18-2016 at 11:09 AM.