Thread: Korbanth Sidious

Default Korbanth Sidious

I got one of Korbanth's SID sabers, and need to do an electronics install, but I am very new to saber electronics. I have several ultrasabers that I have taken apart, and looked at the components, but I am sure it is a bit more complex than I see at a first glance.

Here is what I have so far on my list

-Luxeon Rebel Star Red
    -Collimator Lens 8.7 deg viewing angle
    -7/8" heat sink from another vendor
    -Nano Biscotte Sound Module V3
    -Nano Biscotte V3 Sound Module SD card
    -2w 20mm Speaker
    -NB V2 MWS Header and Wiring Harness
    -SPST Momentary tactile switch
    -Li-Ion 18500 3.7V 1400mAh PCB Protected Rechargeable Battery Module

If I am missing something, or there is a better product, please let me know.
    The SID is very tiny, so I need to use the smallest components possible.

You won't need to order the NB SD card, as it's included with the NB. Also TCSS just released some 7/8" heatsinks for Korbanth hilts today!

Justinian,

I'm in the middle of doing a similar project (Korbanth Sid), except I've got the NBv2 (with a pex on the way). I got my heatsinks from someone over on etsy, as I ordered them back in November, long before TCSS ever hinted at having some (that I'm aware of).

Sounds like you've pretty much got everything except a recharge port, if you're even using one.

Other than that, I would suggest picking up a chassis, as the inside of the Sid is pretty cramped and having a chassis helps kind of cram everything in there. There's a guy on Shapeways who goes by the name of DarthRyo who makes a complete 3D printed chassis for the Sid. I highly recommend getting one.