Thread: Wiring check for Econoboard MOSFET-Driven Saber Please!

Default Wiring check for Econoboard MOSFET-Driven Saber Please!

Hey folks!

I'd like a more trained eye to check out my wiring diagram for my crossguard saber I'm building. I have taken the soundboard out of the Kylo Ren BladeBuilders saber, and with help from YdurSolrac's previous work in this thread, I am attempting to have the board drive three LEDs using MOSFET transistors to help protect the board. Here is the diagram:

I am planning on using 2 AA's to drive it; same as what the board originally ran on. Please have a look and let me know what you think!

Thanks!

Depending on which color LEDs you're using, the 3v provided by 2xAA will not be enough. I recommend using a single 3.7v Li-Ion battery such as an 18650. It will provide 3.7v. As a bonus, it'll also provide a longer runtime as it has more mAh available compared to 2xAA.
    When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Heeltoeshift View Post
    Hey folks!

I'd like a more trained eye to check out my wiring diagram for my crossguard saber I'm building. I have taken the soundboard out of the Kylo Ren BladeBuilders saber, and with help from YdurSolrac's previous work in this thread, I am attempting to have the board drive three LEDs using MOSFET transistors to help protect the board. Here is the diagram:

I am planning on using 2 AA's to drive it; same as what the board originally ran on. Please have a look and let me know what you think!

Thanks!
    It's unclear if you are driving these three less off of the main or using the extra less in the blade builders. A n mosfet won't work with the side less AFAIK you'll need a pnp as they have a built in switch that drops the current that activates them that's how they are delayed.

Quote Originally Posted by Soulbp View Post
    It's unclear if you are driving these three less off of the main or using the extra less in the blade builders. A n mosfet won't work with the side less AFAIK you'll need a pnp as they have a built in switch that drops the current that activates them that's how they are delayed.
    Soulbp, I was planning on using the points that previously powered the side LEDs to trigger the MOSFETs that would drive the side LEDs. I'm not sure why that wouldn't work? All the transistor needs is voltage at G pin to close the circuit, correct?

BZwing, they are cheap Amazon LEDs that only need 2.6 V. This is a cheap costume saber for use at conventions, so the ability to quick-swap cheap AAs as opposed to recharging is important

I remember seeing a thread, but can't find it now where they said the Kylo board needed to use npn mosfets. They had the wiring diagram used as well.