Thread: Doing MR Vader conversion need LED advice

Default Doing MR Vader conversion need LED advice

hi. ive just bought a conversion kit from TCSS. can anyone tell me if the LED heat sink supplied with the MR vader conversion kit will be sufficient for use with a 12w tri rebel or any 12w LED. I only ask as its usually for a 3w conversion from what I can see and it does seem thinner than others you can get. if it isn't sufficient can anyone advise me of a work around please

Will you be replacing or modifying the soundboard?

As it is, the MR board wouldn't supply enough current to run three LEDs at max, so heat wouldn't be an issue.

If you are using a board and battery that can provide 3A to the Tri-LED and are worried about cooling, you can swap around the copper bit between MHSV1 and FX heatsinks, so the larger V3 copper componentncan be dropped into a Vader. The smaller one should be sufficient, though, since the entire bladeholder, not just the copper bit, helps to dissipate heat.

thanks that's good advice. I'm sticking a nbv3 soundboard and new chassis but wasn't sure if the thin copper heatsink would struggle withe extra heat from the extra LEDs. it's good to know that the larger ones fit the fx if needed. ill go ahead and if I have any melting issues I'll change em. thanks again!