Thread: First Conversion / Saber: Anakin ATOC 2002

Default First Conversion / Saber: Anakin ATOC 2002

Here it is. It's ugly, and it took me a few days, but I converted this ATOC Anakin 2002 to a single cyan LED. I used a Hadbro Bladebuilders soundboard and added had to change the switch to momentary. I also replaced the original speaker with the speaker from the Hasbro cheapo saber because the old one was busted. I had zero experience doing anything like this ever, so it might not be pretty but I'm pretty proud. I didn't know anything about soldering or circuit boards beforehand, but the posts here were very helpful to read and trial and error ruled the days I spent trying.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Good job. I also converted 3 of these using a mace windu soundboard and conversion kit. My first one I also chose the cyan color.

Thx!

I just finished up my second, a Luke ROTJ from 2005. Used Mace soundboard and conversion kit. The LED is a single Cree XP-E2. This one turned out better.

image.jpg

where did you mount the new switch? What did you use for the new switch? Do you have any pics? I am in the middle of the same thing, and am working on switch location.
    Also, what did you use for a blade holder?

I just saw this. I put the new switch where the old one was. I was going to use the cheapo one what the bladebuilders used, but I ended up using a better one I got at frys. I had to cut the top place with the switch was a little bit to get it to fit, but it fit fine after that. The blade holder is just the one that they sell at this site. I had it on hand.

I would post pics, but I already upgraded it to a Master Replicas soundboard I got on the cheap because I didn't like the blinking green light and I wanted it to be blue instead of cyan.

Other stuff: I used a four AA battery holder and 1.2 volt rechargable batteries to stay below 5 volts instead of the original. I replaced the old speaker with the one from the bladebuilers one as the other one was blown.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdaddy1427 View Post
    where did you mount the new switch? What did you use for the new switch? Do you have any pics? I am in the middle of the same thing, and am working on switch location.
    Also, what did you use for a blade holder?
    So like this but with a momentary switch. image.jpg