Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Pico Crumble dilemma

Default Pico Crumble dilemma

Getting ready for my first build and have already ordered some of the hilt parts, though haven't yet ordered electronics.

Ideally, I was going to wait for the Pico Crumble - it will be very cost efficient AND has multiple color profiles.

However, I was just reading a Plector Facebook post that indicated they may not be avail until March. Ugh.

So now I am debating whether it is worth waiting a couple more months before I can begin the build, or whether I bag the Crumble idea and go with something like a Prism instead.

I am not too caught up with sound font customizations, but I definitely want the ability to change blade colors.

Does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions?

Blog Entries

Answer this and you'll have your final decision. Do you want to spend 2x the $$ to build a saber faster?
    末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末 末末末末

The Prism is also twice as big as the Pico.

Prism 40.5x23.5x6.5 mm (with the microSD card)
    Pico 24x18x3 mm

Heh...it might be that long before the PRIZM 4 is stocked anyway.

The fact that the Prizm is bigger isn't a big deal... but good point about costs...

I don't know for sure but I thought the cumble is also for mass orders. Have you thought of doing a NB?

bunger mentioned something about color shifting being a top priority so that's why a NB is not being considered.

I too thought that the pico crumble was for mass orders so...the PRIZM might be the best option.
    Why did Isendra die? Tell me the truth!

That it is beyond your abilities does not mean it is beyond mine. I learned the lesson of Isendra's death. But I was given my power for a reason, and it is my burden to use it.
    I will use it, not fear it as you do, High Councilor Valthek

Blog Entries

I checked the OP Erv made on FX and he says it will be available to everyone and that he MAY accept bulk orders. I don't recall anywhere saying it was exclusively bulk order only.

he says " I might take only bulk orders for those, it's not fully decided yet." in the availability section. I wonder what is considered bulk? 10...50....100

but anything can happen between now and actual public release so who knows.
    Last edited by snilam; 02-05-2016 at 08:23 PM.

Blog Entries

I should wear my magnifiers more often. I totally misread that, obviously. Thanks for pointing that out.