Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: 2015 Hasbro Bladebuilders diagram

The neg wire from the LED is attached to the LED - on the board, in through the top. The one leg from the tip42 is bent around and soldered to the same location.

Quote Originally Posted by Bossman View Post
    The neg wire from the LED is attached to the LED - on the board, in through the top. The one leg from the tip42 is bent around and soldered to the same location.
    If you have it wired correctly than I'm not sure. Maybe, you have a short some place or a bridge.

Im going to go through the entire board again and check for a bridge, but im wondering if i need a different resistor for it given the change from stand alone led to now going through the board circuit.

Any advice on that?

Im going to go through the entire board again and check for a bridge, but im wondering if i need a different resistor for it given the change from stand alone led to now going through the board circuit.

Any advice on that?
    No, your resistor should be fine because your power source and led are still the same. If you're going to redo your wiring I would use 28 gauge. Less chance of bridges, easier to cram in and work with.
    Last edited by soundwave809; 02-10-2016 at 10:12 AM.

Good ideas, thanks for all of the help! Hopefully I'll be able to figure it out.

Cheers,
    -Bossman

Update:
    I bought another new Bladebuilder saber and only clipped the LED prongs, so that there was no soldering issues for testing. I used a set of test leads to hook up to the existing wires, a brand new transistor and wired it up per the diagram. Still getting just sound and motion only. No light.

I saw someones post above about using a C versus G transistor. Anyone know what the difference would be or have a better solution?

Thanks
    -Bossman

Board Lurker

sorry not trying to hijack this post but got 4 blade builder lightsabers to use the sound boards . they all behave strange .... on them you get random clash sounds and light sometimes even when they are stationary.... you get the clash sound and light instead of the motion sound again random then they move and it seems the only way to get the motion sound is to bang it then you get the motion sound but no clash sound or light flash ......it all seemed very strange thought it might be loose wire /short so took one apart the sound board is unlike any I have seen before or on this forum check out the pictures I need some help with this.... the back of the board is blank apart from one component guessing a motion sensor
    any advice please 20160209_233834 (800x450).jpg20160209_234309 (800x450).jpg

Update:
    I bought another new Bladebuilder saber and only clipped the LED prongs, so that there was no soldering issues for testing. I used a set of test leads to hook up to the existing wires, a brand new transistor and wired it up per the diagram. Still getting just sound and motion only. No light.

I saw someones post above about using a C versus G transistor. Anyone know what the difference would be or have a better solution?

Thanks
    -Bossman
    Here are some pics of a board I wired up a while back. Maybe, it will help with double checking everything.
    20160115_171957.jpg20160115_171812.jpg20160115_171757.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by grumblehound View Post
    sorry not trying to hijack this post but got 4 blade builder lightsabers to use the sound boards . they all behave strange .... on them you get random clash sounds and light sometimes even when they are stationary.... you get the clash sound and light instead of the motion sound again random then they move and it seems the only way to get the motion sound is to bang it then you get the motion sound but no clash sound or light flash ......it all seemed very strange thought it might be loose wire /short so took one apart the sound board is unlike any I have seen before or on this forum check out the pictures I need some help with this.... the back of the board is blank apart from one component guessing a motion sensor
    any advice please 20160209_233834 (800x450).jpg20160209_234309 (800x450).jpg
    Hi i have the same problem. The solution its easy, you need to wire a swing sensor on the holes touching the " S " on the SW in the center of the sound card ( under C2 ), you also can rewire the negative on the V- hole and replace or leave the clash sensor i replaced it. I hope that help you, and sorry about my english. heheheheh

The components gone to made more cheaper the cards. Horrible!!!

Hi all! New to this whole saber building thing, and I purchased the Obi Wan bladebuilders saber to use as the sound card in my first saber. So what do you all think about the sound it produces? Pretty good?