Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Bass Speaker vs. Premium Speaker

Blog Entries

I found a board at Adafruit that takes one input and modulates the sound to create (or simulate) stereo sound. I don't know if it is really stereo, but it does make the sound more dynamic. I use one 28 mm speaker and one 3 watt speaker I tore off an old macbook. The board requires 3.7 v, which can run from the PC, CF, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Vislir View Post
    Has anyone tried to wire two speakers in parallel or series? 2x16ohm speakers would be 8ohm in parallel; and 2x4 in series would be 8ohm. the board should handle it right?
    yes I have and I might have had good luck with it unlike the others that had tried it but it sounded great! used 1 premium and one bass. using them in parallel gave a 4 ohm load which will also get max power from the amp.

link to a vid demo
    https://youtu.be/AqvLeg194wY

edit* link to original thread of dual speaker saber
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...-s-Frankenflex
    Last edited by snilam; 02-05-2016 at 07:24 PM.

Thanks for the video. Awesome sabers.

Blog Entries

Your results are by far better than what I got. I should note that my attempt was with 2 laptop speakers and a Nano.
    末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末末 末末末末

Quote Originally Posted by darth_chasm View Post
    Your results are by far better than what I got. I should note that my attempt was with 2 laptop speakers and a Nano.
    it took a lot of work and took even more space. the cc/speaker module is made up of essentially 4 speaker holders welded together and was also the switch cradle.

great job! I wonder if stacking (or lining) the speakers (bass in the back and premium in front) will make for a good sound as well?
    I see that the new amazon echo is designed similarly (1 bass 1 mid/high range speaker) and it sounds great...maybe just make a saber out of an amazon echo then...lol

cram fu experts anyone?

Screen Shot 2016-02-08 at 1.10.05 AM.jpg

The inside of a MHS part is 1.25" at most. That device, though cool looking, is over 2".

I think he was just looking at it from a design standpoint, not that he wanted to put the Amazon Echo module inside of his saber.

I've never heard of anyone doing that in a saber. I've seen a few sabers with 2 speakers though. Give it a shot and tell us how it works out for you.
    We all have to start somewhere. The journey is all the more impressive by our humble beginnings.

http://led.linear1.org/1led.wiz for the lazy man's resistor calculator!
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...e-to-Ohm-s-Law for getting resistor values the right way!

Quote Originally Posted by CET View Post
    The inside of a MHS part is 1.25" at most. That device, though cool looking, is over 2".
    your funny! that would be a very useful saber though..."alexa, power on!"...alexa, destroy the empire and play AC/DC back in black" lol

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Serpent View Post
    I think he was just looking at it from a design standpoint, not that he wanted to put the Amazon Echo module inside of his saber.

I've never heard of anyone doing that in a saber. I've seen a few sabers with 2 speakers though. Give it a shot and tell us how it works out for you.
    well, now I'm going to have to!