Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Bass Speaker vs. Premium Speaker

I wonder how this setup would work in conjunction with the NBv3...

Screen Shot 2016-02-03 at 11.55.10 AM.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by erlomd View Post
    I wonder how this setup would work in conjunction with the NBv3...

Screen Shot 2016-02-03 at 11.55.10 AM.jpg
    It probably wouldn't.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Quote Originally Posted by erlomd View Post
    so your saying that with the audacity program, you can modify the EQ settings of your sound fonts?...thats sweet!
    You can do a lot with that program. Including and not limited to making your own fonts and modifying existing ones.

Blog Entries

I've always liked the bass speaker. It seems to have a fuller sound.

I think the 2w 28mm bass speaker is made by VECO...I found the specs on it here:
    http://www.elitaliaweb.it/upload/cat...i-28-30-34.pdf

and heres a dimensions Pic:

Screen Shot 2016-02-03 at 10.45.29 PM.jpg
    Last edited by erlomd; 02-03-2016 at 08:46 PM.

I think its all a matter of preference. The bass speaker sounds better for your hums and some swings and the premium sounds better for your clashes and other sound fx and is a bit clearer. Each has their own strong suits. If I had to choose one over the other I would have to choose the premium by a small margin. I think it sounds better for your activation and retraction sounds which is big for me. But then again that all depends on your font as well.

Has anyone tried to wire two speakers in parallel or series? 2x16ohm speakers would be 8ohm in parallel; and 2x4 in series would be 8ohm. the board should handle it right?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Vislir View Post
    Has anyone tried to wire two speakers in parallel or series? 2x16ohm speakers would be 8ohm in parallel; and 2x4 in series would be 8ohm. the board should handle it right?
    Yes, but I didn't feel it made much of a difference, none in fact. Certainly not enough to sacrifice the space for a second speaker. Also, you're not getting a more dynamic range as you're still dealing with one channel audio.
    –––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––– ––––––––

even if you use one bass and one premium? I might wire it up when I have both speakers just to test it out.

Lets not forget that resonance plays a big part. Just covering my recharge port with a thumb changes the 'depth of sound'