Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Lux Brightness vs. MR

Council Member
    Jedi Council Member

Quote Originally Posted by mikeclem
    I've just tried some acetate - and no, I don't like it either. Yes, the blade is brighter, but doesn't have any solidity to it (it looks like a plastic tube with a light at the bottom!).

Mike
    How much acetate? That's what Ultra uses and it works really well. I believe he uses between 3 and 5 feet of the stuff.

Either way if you have some coming from Erv you should do fine then. Double wrap does make a difference. It depends on how defined you want the core. Since you have acetate I'd keep it around and play with it once you get Erv's.

Corbin's kind plays up that it comes from the bottom. If you add about two wraps of that acetate it should look a lot like the completed blades Erv sells.
    RED LEADER Standing by!

It was just an A4 sheet that was double wrapped (just to get the idea).

I'll let you know how I get on once the film arrives from Erv - he's going to post it on Tuesday. Now that's service - on a Sunday as well.

Mike

i have both a single and dbl wrap of corbins diffuser sheeting and tims tube in another blade. tims tube makes it mor uniform and look like a MR FX, the single wrap gives a difined core effect, and the dbl wrap is lesser of a core effect, but more evenly lit.

i like all 3 types myself, it just depends on the mood im in, if i want a mr type look to show off how much brighter the lux is over a dealer pushin his stock MR's, i use the tim tube blade.

i can see a big difference in brightness myself, and im only running the 3 watters running off hasbro sound boards.

been wantin to try a 5 watt with no sound in a mhs build. just havent done it yet.

Lan-Ed-Tul
    The Brotherhood Of The Sith
    SL 6208 501st legion & SLD
    TK-6208

You dont know the POWER, of the dark side.......
    Proud member of the FSM!!

The diffuser arrived on Friday morning and seems to have done just the trick. I'm very happy with the blade now!

So happy in fact, that while playing, sorry, training with a friend on Friday evening I managed to split my eye open with the hilt of my Maul MR requiring a trip to the emergency clinic to get it closed. And yes, I did feel rather silly having to explain the mechanism of injury.

Thanks for all your help.

Mike

Council Member
    Sith Lord

well, that one had to hurt
    what part of the maul hit your eye??
    must of been doing some extreme dueling
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

I had left the threaded joining piece on the end of the hilt but was using it as a single sabre. It was this threaded piece (which is not an inconsiderable piece of metal) that caught the supra-orbit of my left eye. I think it then must have grazed across laterally striking my temple (the zygomatic process) which is where it split my head open.

So don't go thinking this is a nice clean duelling scar - it's a corker of a black eye with a ragged cut to go along with it.

I think I was on the upswing and it just caught under the orbit. Yes, it did hurt. Didn't Qui Gon go out by being hit in a similar manner?

As we say in Scotland: 'it was a right smack in the gub'.

Mike

Council Member
    Sith Lord

qui gon was smacked in the face with mauls saber and then stabbed. no gashed eye in that case :P
    Aluke123 on every other forum - Old grumpy moderator here

Thread Index, The Saber Building Dictionary, and The Basic Saber-Build Tutorial - Read Them!

Jedi Council Member vortextwist's Avatar

he was a "jedi"

BLUE 3- Ready