Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: Girot's TFA Graflex

wow, going over this build will be invaluable for me as I look to do my own. I've got a 2.0 set up in the TFA config atm, and I'm planning on doing chamber as well. I have to agree with your honest appraisal of the kit. I was also very pleased with it overall- it was higher quality and more accurate looking than I expected, but I also noticed the difference in quality between the main machined sections and the little add on parts. And I was also surprised when I realized what would be involved with installs- had heard all about the '10 min' assembly and such and just kind of assumed would be a beginner level project... IMO not the case when comes to doing installs, especially chambers etc.

O also, not sure if anyone else found this to be case?, but I found that the threads on the glass eye were ok for the first little bit of the existing tapped hole for it- once it's sunk down in a little was when the problems started- so I was able to trim the threads on the glass eye down to somewhere between 1/8" and 1/4" give or take, which allowed it to be fastned all the way down.

Thanks for posting all the lessons learned! Very helpful.
    Last edited by RevanReborn; 03-29-2016 at 06:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RevanReborn View Post
    O also, not sure if anyone else found this to be case?, but I found that the threads on the glass eye were ok for the first little bit of the existing tapped hole for it- once it's sunk down in a little was when the problems started- so I was able to trim the threads on the glass eye down to somewhere between 1/8" and 1/4" give or take, which allowed it to be fastned all the way down.

Thanks for posting all the lessons learned! Very helpful.
    I had the exact same problem with mine. First thing I tried was retapping the hole, which did nothing. Eventually I used a TINY drop of gun oil in the threads and now it moves freely.

I'm glad this was helpful! Makes the weeks of rework after rework worth it in the end.