Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Girot's TFA Graflex

first two attempts have not gone well. lots of "technical difficulties". attempting round 3 tomorrow.

Yay! Glad to see you got it working.

That's a pretty cool idea with the resistors.

Blog Entries

Pretty clever. Careful with the right angle headers. That may end being a stress point when trying to route things.
    –––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––––– ––––––––

Yup! They'll be getting a nice goobery coating of liquid tape to deal with the stress.

Ugh. Same problem again:

Voltage is good all the way up to the board... then ZERO voltage goes to the speaker and only HALF voltage goes out to the LEDs. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

you can kinda see where the trace from the Negative Pad is coming away from the NB. When there isn't anything soldered to it that pad sorta floats. in spite of this, the board still tested positive last night (as shown in an above post).

here you can see the entire Negative Pad is gone. The little cuff on the inside is still there and functions just fine.
    Last edited by girot; 03-10-2016 at 03:47 PM.

Definitely not a fan of the through hole soldering. You're probably going to need Zook to look at the board. You might have done something to it somewhere along the line.

Have you tried bypassing your recharge port?
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

i'd tried that during previous tests. didn't make a difference. this time i metered every connection all the way up to the board and voltage is good. the voltage drop happens across the NB.

In the interests of preserving my sanity I am going to reorder my NBv3 while there is still stock available. That way I can finish up the TFA and be done with it. While I'm waiting for the MPP 2.0 release I can tinker with the current board and see if I can get her working again.