Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Girot's TFA Graflex

If motivation strikes I'll do a belated unboxing video. I'll include a side by side comparison with a vintage.

UPDATE: 7/8" blade fits beautifully and looks great installed. I have no desire, whatsoever, to convert to a 1" core.
    UPDATE #2: Motivation did not strike, lol. Lots of other people beat me to it anyway so it's all good.
    Last edited by girot; 03-04-2016 at 06:25 PM.

have you seen the 1" bore from VV? looks like it would be great plus its predrilled.

I've already invested too much in the 7/8" direction to switch it up now. Not unless I wanted to simply preinstall electronics into the printed chassis and sell just that. I'm sure someone would be interested in a pre-built core.
    Last edited by girot; 02-06-2016 at 08:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by girot View Post
    I bit the bullet and ordered a GOTH Knight Chassis (including NB cage). Looking at it and pouring over the instructions I've yet to figure out where the heck I'm supposed to mount my LED module... Does anybody have any guidance on this?
    if you got the knight version, then the LED Heatsink should be able to fit directly on top of the battery cage in your chassis...and right below the glass eye retention screw...you would need to drill and tap into the grenade section around that area so you can place a set screw for the heatsink...there should be an explanation to this on his website

Yup! I've been reading while waiting for parts. I've got a solid plan in mind now. As of this afternoon my chassis and blade plug have come in. By the end of the week I should have everything but the battery in-hand. I can get the lion's share of the work knocked out while I'm waiting on 18650's to restock.

You gonna post a video of your build?

Awesome. Every build video helps and its always interesting to see!

Prep work is done for this build. I will be filming the entire process from here on out (as requested) and breaking it up into palatable segments. I'll do a quick run down in each segment on what I'm about to do then play music while the video speeds up to about 2.5x speed.

FEATURES I AM COVERING:
    - Graflex 2.0 Overview
    - GOTH Knight Chassis w/ NB Insert
    - Nano Biscotte v3
    - LED Module
    - Switch
    - Speaker
    - Battery & Recharge Port

FEATURES I AM NOT COVERING:
    - Brass Tubing Installation (GOTH Chassis)
    - Crystal Chamber (GOTH Chassis)

The filming will slow me down a bit so I doubt I'll finish the saber in a single sitting. I also need to edit, encode, and upload all of the videos as well so the soonest you'll see the next update is middle of next week.
    Last edited by girot; 03-04-2016 at 06:19 PM.