Thread: how hard if I build like this

Post how hard if I build like this

Hello All, Im new , this is my first time to build, and a few question I get, hope you guys can help me out, thx,

I'll use the SF TEMPLAR, as a hilt, and Due the special of the size.
    1.I dont know should I use the SF battery box or custom one ?
    2.I will use 3 RGB Led , dont know the Z6 Led size are match to the Led hole ?
    3, and the speaker? which one is match to the soundboard ?
    4. and the soundboard? which one should I use ?
    5. and should I buy a empty hilt or other tier ? dont waste anything,

please any tell me thanks

I'm pretty fresh to the scene too man, and I gotta say if you're new this is a sprint when you should be trying to get your first few steps. My first saber, which should be shipping soon is going to be a really basic, single LED, no sound card, and 4x AAA battery rig. Personally I'd recommend just starting out with something light. That way, if you mess up, you won't be out a ton of money. That all said if you still want to go through with it i'd look at The Custom Saber Shop's youtube channel. Rob does great tutorials and they have really helped me out. He has them teired so if you already know what he is talking about you can skip to the new playlist.
    Beginner tutorials here
    Intermiediate tutorials here
    I'm going to leave off the advanced seeing as how you said you are new. My personal favorite is the Build a basic saber. Best of luck to you man!

Quote Originally Posted by qk1x View Post
    Hello All, Im new , this is my first time to build, and a few question I get, hope you guys can help me out, thx,

I'll use the SF TEMPLAR, as a hilt, and Due the special of the size.
    1.I dont know should I use the SF battery box or custom one ?
    2.I will use 3 RGB Led , dont know the Z6 Led size are match to the Led hole ?
    3, and the speaker? which one is match to the soundboard ?
    4. and the soundboard? which one should I use ?
    5. and should I buy a empty hilt or other tier ? dont waste anything,

please any tell me thanks
    As for the Sound Cards, speaker, and basically everything else you will need to read the forums and research the individual boards you are looking at. Then determin what you want out of the saber and match the board to those specifications. I assume you are building a cross guard saber so one board feature you may want is the ability to have the side vents timed separate from the main blade...this will narrow you soundcard selection quite a bit. For LEDs personally I prefer the newer Crees over the

I am new as well, and this is all a major learning experience for new folks.

Firstly, my personal advice for anyone getting into Saber Smithing: Expect parts to break, buy in sets of two if you feel you need to (So if you mess up, your not left waiting on parts), and remember that if something breaks, you learned what NOT to do in the process. Also don't forget, there are more expensive hobbies, such as Warhammer/40k so don't feel bad when something breaks or goes wrong.

It also helps to watch a lot of tutorials on youtube, or to just practice with scrap in general as far as soldering goes.

A thread that shows a homemade Crossguard, with wiring and parts list:
    http://forums.thecustomsabershop.com...ght=crossguard

The best advice I can give you is to research. Research a lot, and keep researching. I would also recommend that you start out with just a "stunt saber"- no sound, just the basics.

So to touch on some questions you had:
    1: First we need to find what one works. Find the measurements of the hilt (ID/OD/etc), and find the measurements of your battery box.

2-4: I'd take it slow if this is your first build and go stunt saber first. If your experienced with soldering and what not, give the sound card a go after you read up on the one you selected. I also recommend the NBv3 as I hear nothing but good things about the NB's. Also, look into a "Chassis" to hold your soundcard, battery, and speaker. They can be homemade, or use parts from here. Just make sure everything is either padded, secured in place, and especially electrically insulated.

5: I'm not big on recommending SF or US.. I think a lot of people here avoid em'. But I'd go with empty hilt, and for sure email the company to make sure there are not any "Only available here" kind of parts, and to see what size button you'll need if the hilt has a pre-drilled hole.

Hope I was helpful!