Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ghillie suit

Default Ghillie suit

hey guys this doesnt have to do with star wars but how would you go about making a ghillie suit? and yes ive read all the sites explaining them but they are too complicated and the results dont look good.
    Darth Sequentius...Sith Lord

Bringing light to darkness.

anyone? hehe i guess noone knows how to make one or what it is. here is a picture.

Jedi Council Member vortextwist's Avatar

isn't it for like the marines and sniping and camo and what not?

BLUE 3- Ready

yes sir.

Jedi Knight
    Sith Acolyte
    Jedi Knight
    DDP FETCHER,SIG BNDWGN STARTER,BOT-WTCH LEADER,PROUDFSM member,FORMER Unofficial TCSS postwhore

Those wookies need a hair cut!

m..my smiley! The TCSS sig Changer! Former official TCSS postwhore! TCSS Bot Watch scout & declarer! =P
    I am a kinda PROUD member of the FSM!

Default guille suit

ok so this is what your gonna need to do, get yourself about a 6 ft square piece of burlap for your torso, another 3 ft for each arm and 6ft by 3 ft for the legs, you'll want the burlap in a light brown to tan color, which makes up the base coloring of your setup. then get yourself a LOAD of mid weight hemp rope from walley world. after your sew together your guille top and pants you'll go between the the weaves of the burlap with your hemp. make shure to cut the burlap to fit loosely after you stich it together. tie knots in the ends of 8 inch cut sections of the hemp, and air spray over them quick light coats of color ranging from black base to yellow, then pass the untied ends thru the breaks in the burlap and tie another knot where the hemp comes thru the burlap. after that all you have to do it fray the hemp rope and put a dab of superglue at the base of each strand where it comes out of the base of the suit... this is how my father and grandfather taught me, both proud members of the corps

its a long and involved process, but looks far better than anything retail

thank you very much for the tutorial i really apreciate it. it was really really easy to understand it.

Ryma Mara

Look for a place called "cheaper than dirt ". They get a lot of military stuff. ranging from old to new.

and you can get one of them sutes pritty cheap, cheaper than making one.

Jedi Knight
    Sith Acolyte
    Jedi Knight
    DDP FETCHER,SIG BNDWGN STARTER,BOT-WTCH LEADER,PROUDFSM member,FORMER Unofficial TCSS postwhore

Quote Originally Posted by Ryma Mara
    Look for a place called "cheaper than dirt ". They get a lot of military stuff. ranging from old to new.

and you can get one of them sutes pritty cheap, cheaper than making one.
    Wheres the fun in that?

m..my smiley! The TCSS sig Changer! Former official TCSS postwhore! TCSS Bot Watch scout & declarer! =P
    I am a kinda PROUD member of the FSM!

Ryma Mara

I dont know, maybe has to do with something like this a premade one is cheaper than making them.

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/BUSH700-41711-1197.html

compared to

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/BUSH301-46631-1197.html

for just the burlap that you would want to use.

and thats not including the rest of what you would need.