Thread: Let's Build a Graflex 2.0!!!

Default Let's Build a Graflex 2.0!!!

Hello everyone!! So since the release of the Graflex 2.0 I have seen many people who are new to this hobby and are confused and overwhelmed as to where to start. With the release of TFA there has been a HUGE insurgence of people wanting their own lightsaber and more specifically, a Graflex. With only photo journals to go by, often with poor descriptions, I took it upon myself to create an incredibly in-depth video tutorial for those just starting out. (Keep in mind I have never made videos before now so please excuse any learning handicaps lol) After many weeks of thought, planning, filming and editing I am proud to say they are finally complete!! If you are new to this hobby and are looking for a step-by-step guide then look no further!!! If you are a seasoned professional you're probably not going to learn anything you haven't known for years lol. So with any further ado, I present to... "Let's Build a Graflex 2.0"...

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?lis...YrOJA_fYW4Do59

Welcome to the Forums.

Someone else already posted the links to this somewhere around here.
    TCSS MODERATOR
    All n00bs READ these first (PLEASE)!!!:
    1. Forum Guidelines
    2. FJK’s “Down and Dirty” guide to Ohm’s Law

"Yeah, yeah, I've heard it all before... you want blindingly bright, super loud, running 1138 blinkies off of the cheapest sound card you can find AND you want all of it to run on a battery the size of a dime, and run for a very, VERY long time. That one cracks me up every time..."
    My email: fjk_tcss@yahoo.com

Really? That's pretty cool! I posted them all over the place but somehow forgot here. Glad to know someone liked them enough to share!

Bump!!! Almost everyone has their new kits by now!!

Quick question. I have an LED that's too big to fit in the 7/8" heatsink. How would you go about trimming the excess? I would guess by filing down with a dremel, right?

that's what I used for mine. that and a hobby vice. just be sure to take your time and don't let too much heat build up in the base, or you risk frying your die.

Thanks, girot!

Wow.....awesome detailed videos man! Those vids should be a sticky